Dear Atheist and Christian,

Science and religion bicker in the backseat
Image by Colin Purrington via Flickr

Let me state some things here that we all may agree on. Science cannot answer the question of why we are here, or if there is a power behind the things science observes. That is simply not the job of science. Science basically states observed facts, conducts experiments, and then states what happened at such and such a time. We know 1% of the knowledge of the universe, and that’s probably an exaggeration. The other 99% at this time is beyond our grasp. Why do I say this? I state the previous to affirm that science deals with parts of the whole only. Never at any time is science in possession of the whole. Evolution is a theory made by those who take the parts and imagine what the whole could be. Let’s not be deceived here. It’s not the job of science to point to or support the theory of evolution or religion. To state either as fact while citing scientific evidence is really stating your own bias. Even if science was in possession of the whole, it still would not answer the “why” question or prove there was a power behind it, since, if there was a power, it would not be one of the observed facts but rather the reality that created them.

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]